Friday 6 December 2013

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (18 July 1918 – 5 December 2013) World Statesman

This is the first time I've created to Blogs one after the other (Cardiff Election Results below).

But like many  I have to add my piece on the death of Nelson Mandela.




My first experience of him was as a 16 year old taking part in the  1969-70 Stop the tour demonstrations against the Sprinbbox Rugby team.

How could I even dream then when watching th1995 Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President would be seen wearing a Springboax Rugby jersey uniting the whole nation.

Few people desevre the title of Statesman but Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela was truly one of the greats .

He showed us all dreams can come true and that it is more imprtant to bulid a future than reflect on the past even when you have sufferd great injustice.

R.I.P Mr Mandela you inspired not only your people but the world at large.

No comments: