Friday 27 March 2020

The Financial aid to those affected with the crisis needs to cut the bureaucracy.

When I first heared that Universal Credit s a United Kingdom social security payment that was designed to simplify the benefits system . I thought that it was good idea

 It was to is replace and combining six benefits for working-age people who have a low household income: income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, and Income SupportChild Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit; and Housing Benefit.

But I also thought that it could help those like myself at the time who was moving from jobseekers allowance  and sickness benefit  and back as I had two major operations within a year to remove a tumour on my pituitary organ which whilst not Brain Surgery was pretty damn closee.

I involve a long time on the phone  giving the same information again and again  and then claiming Council Tax benefit again .

SO it thought Universal Credit great it wil mean just a simple change at my local jobcentre.

I never did go on to Universal Credit as I reached pensionable age before it was introduced in my region, but i understand that the bureaucracy is even worse.

Now we have thousands of people because of the coronavirus , either finding themselves unemployed, moving back into employment with a diffrent employer, or worse getting sick.

To be fair Chancellor Rishi Sunak has outlined a number of measures to aid those who have found themselves with no or much less  income , but  we already know that many are experiencing problems , when ringing to make such a claim, and many may not have access to claim online  and now with the likes of Libaries closing have no alternative outlet.

It is important that we cut the bureaucracy for those making a claim even if it sees a minority cheating the system.

These are unknown and dark times , hopefully we will pull through not only healthwise but financially as well.

No comments: