I believe that there should be an anti-tory alliance and this should be based on complete reform of our political system. This should mean that a maximum three year programme be carried out.
This should include:
- The Introduction of a form of PR for all elections preferably by STV.
- The abolition of the House of Lords and a directly elected chamber or one resembling the Irish Senate where people can vote as an interest group.
- The formation of an English Assembly/Parliament which will be based in a City in North of England or
- The formation of regional assemblies in the English Regions (Cornwall to have its own).
- The Prime Minister of the Day to lose the right to determine the date of an General Election. Which should be fixed and only fall on a vote of no confidence.
- Referendums on a Welsh Parliament and Scottish Independence.
- A review on political donations and the way they are spent and a cap on spending at a General Election both on a UK basis and at constituency level rigorously enforced.