Sunday 19 July 2020

Please Paul Davies "Don't give a dose to the one you love most"

I doubt even if they were aware of the song most Politicians would not be as  vulgar as me to point it out, that if Paul Davies claims to love Wales he would not to be talking about giving Wales a dose.


At 51 the leader of the Tories in the Senedd Paul Davies  Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show (shortened to Dr. Hook in 1975) was an American rock band, formed in Union City, New Jersey. They enjoyed considerable commercial success in the 1970s with hit singles including "Sylvia's Mother",. or he might have thought twice before he pledged a radical overhaul of the way that Wales is governed, saying that "a dose of Dom is needed for Wales."   

The comments refer to the Prime Minister’s chief adviser, Dominic Cummings, and his controversial restructuring of UK Government departments.   

If he had  then he would have known that the many of Dr Hook's songs songs written by the poet Shel Silverstein who also wrote  A Boy Named Sue fot Johnny Cash 

I'm afraid that I however remember  Shel Silverstein for also writing 

"Don't give a dose to the one you love most"






Yes my dear I must admit that one time I might did
(And if you grow wiser for me experience)

Yes my dear I grew wiser in many ways and the thing I learned most

Is don't give a dose to the one you love most

No don't give a dose to the one you love most

Give her some marmelade give her some toast
You can give her the willings or give her the blues
But the dose that you give her will get back to you
I once had a lady as sweet as a song she was my darlin' and she was my dear
But she had a dose and she passed it along
Now she's gone but the dose is still here
So don't give a dose to the one you love most
Giver her some marmelade give her some toast
You can give her a partridge up in a pear tree
But the dose that you give her might get back to me.


Not perhaps what you may have wanted to hear and see on Sunday , I admit, but I couldn't  resist it.


1 comment:

Gav said...

… so Mr Davies is comparing Mr Cummings to the pox? Well, he can't be wrong about everything …