Saturday 30 November 2019

No I couldn't spell Pinocchio, but I know when Boris Johnson is a lying

Boris Johnson's father  claim that  that all are illiterate is a one of and the jovial views of an eccentric but lovable toff
It represents a belief among the public School Oxbridge Class that they are somehow better than the rest of us and are destined to rule
In an interview Stanley Johnson responded to criticism of his son by questioning the public's literacy skills.
Presenter Joanna Gosling said: "Another point made in the comments from viewers was somebody calling your son Pinocchio."
The former MEP replied: "That requires a degree of literacy which I think the Great British public doesn't necessarily have."
Seeming surprised the host responded: "What do you mean by that?"
"I am not going to get into that," he replied seemingly trying to row back from his comments.
He was pushed further with Victoria Derbyshire asking: "Well that is quite a pejorative thing to say about the Great British public."
Presenter Joanna Gosling said: "Another point made in the comments from viewers was somebody calling your son Pinocchio."
The former MEP replied: "That requires a degree of literacy which I think the Great British public doesn't necessarily have."
Seeming surprised the host responded: "What do you mean by that?"
"I am not going to get into that," he replied seemingly trying to row back from his comments.
He was pushed further with Victoria Derbyshire asking: "Well that is quite a pejorative thing to say about the Great British public."broadcast shows he thinks we're stupid | Will Hayward
All pretense at diplomacy abandoned, he said: "They couldn't spell Pinocchio if they tried I should have thought."
Gosling responded: "Why would you say that?" with Johnson replying: "Well can you spell Pinocchio?"
Joanna Gosling added: "Whether I can or not I don't think it is something to be critical of."
It is a shinning example of the contept that the likes of Boris Johnson and William Rees-Mogg  have from the rest of us.
A  privileged upbringing and education, which if they hadn't received it would have seen them struggling to get anything like the degree level let alone into an Oxbridge college.
Voting Tory is voting for those who believe that it  was a mistake to extend the franchise to all men and women, but anyway they are still in power and can treat us with contempt.
Oh by the way I would struggle to spell Pinocchio and readers of this Blog will know it is notorious for spelling mistakes  and bloopers.
But tht's the way I am and some people have suggested that I have a form of Dyspraxia.
Sould that bar me from commuting on the issue of the day? I think not 






No comments: