I joined the 60000 people who took advantage of the inspired move by the Welsh Rugby Union to watch the match at the Millennium Stadium and all credit to them.even with the result and that Red card it was a great experiance.
Of course the result was not what we wanted . But we must not let ourselves fall into the trap of seeing ourselves as victim but look forward to the 3rd place play off and beat Australia convincingly (Which I think we can still do even without Sam Warburton) to prove to ourselves that the only team that could have beaten New Zealand in the final was Wales The final looks like it will be a foregone conclusion.
Yesterday saw the whole of Wales united and one thing that brought a smile to my face was a number of Asian girls in welsh shirts wearing headscarves . Did I say Asian Girls? I meant Welsh Girls
One of my friends on leaving the match marched into a nearby bookmakers and put a bet on Wales to win the six nations next year at 11/4. The full lit to win outright. are.
So compared with the Odds on England an France!!!(Do bookies know anything about the game?) it looks like a good bet. (Don't know what the odds are for a Grand Slam but it seems worth a flutter).
So lets put yesterday result behind us and not reflect on what would have happened if it has been a Yelow card instead of red. Lets be positive for once.
- We clearly had a great team who had a brilliant defence and scored in a Try in every match
- We have a outstanding Captain in Sam Warburton who hopefully will lead the Team to the next world cup.
- Mike Phillips seems to have refound his Mojo and his young replacements Travis Knoyle and especially Lloyd Williams look class as well.
- We seem to have found a full back in Luke Halfpenny in the one position we have had a real problem
- As long as Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins are fit we have the best props in the world
- Scott Williams looks to be a future centre to make us proud..
- George North is clearly a class act who will only get better.
So lets stop moping look forward to Friday confirm our belief that we are in the Top five sides in the World and go on to claim the Top spot we are not far off.